Medical Illustration Podcast - Andrew Swift interview
Updated: Sep 1, 2022
Andrew Swift is well-known throughout the profession as a prolific medical illustrator. After graduating from the Georgia program in 1999, he went on to be an Associate Professor there for the next decade and helped to train a generation of highly skilled medical illustrators. He’s been an active member of the Association of Medical Illustrators and presents regularly at the annual meetings.
As the Director of Medical Science at iso-Form, he’s been actively working on a multitude of illustration and animation projects and has completed thousands of illustrations, many using a combination of techniques which we discuss.
Andrew is well-grounded in traditional art techniques and continues to draw almost every day. He’s worked extensively in ZBrush and corresponds regularly with their development team, helping that software provide the tools medical illustrators need for the types of projects we do. Please enjoy this conversation with Andrew Swift!
- Augusta University "Georgia" program
- Jack Faragasso at the Art Student's League, NYC
- St. George's University (SGU) in Grenada, West Indies
- ZBrushLIVE Industry Spotlight: Medical Illustration – Andrew Swift - ZBrush 2022
- Andrew's personal YouTube Playlist for Medical Illustration Tutorials
- Optical Coherence Tomography
- Gary Welch tutorial on Rigging Ibuprofen
- Gary Welch tutorial on CellGen built in Substance Designer
- “Von Willebrand disease” clotting disorder
All images on this page are © iso-Form LLC