Medical Illustration Podcast - Ryan Kissinger interview
Updated: Aug 26, 2022
On this episode of the Medical Illustration podcast, I talk with Ryan Kissinger, an award-winning medical illustrator working at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases lab (NIAID) in Hamilton Montana.
Ryan graduated from the Biomedical Communications program at the University of Toronto–Mississauga in 2010. He has experience in a wide range of media including 3D animation and both traditional and digital illustration. In this conversation, Ryan shares some of what he’s learned from taking on a short film passion project, his experience working in traditional watercolour, and why Adobe Illustrator is his software tool of choice.
You can check out Ryan's work on his Instagram and on Vimeo
▪ Visual Abstracts for journals
▪ UC Santa Cruz Scientific Illustration program
▪ University of Toronto–Mississauga Biomedical Communications program
▪ University of British Colombia
▪ Left-handed DNA article from The Scientist
▪ NIAID at Rocky Mountain Labs, NIH, Hamilton, Montana
▪ Association of Medical Illustrators
The Medical Illustration podcast is now available on Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, Podbean, Google Podcasts, and Apple Podcasts!